This academic scholarship for incoming college freshman is sponsored by the LCCA Board of Directors. The scholarship is presented to a high school senior residing in Lancaster County who will graduate during the 2021-2022 school year and be accepted as a full-time undergraduate student at a fully accredited college, university or technical college. The Lancaster County Council of the Arts (LCCA) will rank all applications with a points system. The LCCA prefers that the recipient major in at least one of the following arts areas: dance, literature, music, theatre, folk & traditional arts, or visual arts but it is not a requirement. The applications are evaluated on the following criteria:
· 30% - major
· 25% - student form submission
· 15% - grades overall and grades in courses related to arts fields
· 10% - courses taken and club membership related to arts fields
· 10% - community service
· 10% - recommendation letters
The recipient must demonstrate ability, knowledge, and need in the application. The applicant must have met admission requirements and have been accepted to the institution of his or her choice.
If the recipient is awarded the scholarship based on a major in the arts fields, and then changes the major out of these areas, the scholarship will then be awarded to the second place applicant if he or she is still in compliance with the guidelines because the ranking system gives the most points for the major.
The deadline for this application and supporting material to be in the LancasterCounty Council of the Arts office is Friday, May 20 at 3:00 pm.
Part 1 is to be completed by the guidance counselor/college advising corps
Part 2 is to be completed by the applicant
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the Review Panel. A completed Scholarship Application includes:
1) Part 1 - Completed by Guidance Counselor CLICK HERE
2) Part 2 –Completed by the Applicant CLICK HERE
3) Copy of Transcript (submitted on Guidance Counselor Form)
4) Letters of Recommendation (at least 3): One recommendation from your Guidance Counselor (on Guidance Counselor Form) and at least one recommendation from a teacher (Teacher/Other Form), as well as at least one recommendation from others of your choice (Teacher/Other Form) CLICK HERE
Deadline for submission for the 2021-2022 LCCA Scholarship is Friday, May 20 at 3:00 p.m.
Scholarship decisions will be made in June and applicants notified.